UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York
AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans
NAIC # 60093
SERFF # UHLC-133104336, UHLC-133104278
New York Required Information: Why Premium Rates Change
2023 premium rate changes have been requested for the AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans for members holding plans issued in the State of New York.
- Standardized plans A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L and N have proposed rate increases that range from 2.2% to 9.9% depending on the member's plan and the area in which the member lives.
- Pre-Standardized plans and riders have proposed rate actions that range from 0% to 5.3% depending on the member's plan.
All members with the same plan who live in the same rating area will receive the same premium rate change.
Premium rate changes have been requested because the costs of providing benefits are changing:
- Costs for medical services continue to increase
- Medicare deductibles that are covered under these plans are expected to be higher
- Members are using more costly state-of-the-art medical equipment and services
- Together with the above factors, the use of medical services by members continues to change and may result in higher, lower or the same overall costs of providing benefits
The new monthly premium rates will apply to members beginning January 1, 2023. Members who recently purchased coverage will not receive a rate increase until their thirteenth month of coverage.
The number of New York members affected by the proposed rate adjustments:
- Approximately 350,000 members hold Standardized Medicare Supplement plans that are issued in New York
- Approximately 900 members hold Pre-Standardized Medicare Supplement plans that are issued in New York
Please be aware that we work hard to keep premium rates as low as possible for all members.
To review the proposed 2023 monthly rates for your plan, enter your zip code in the box below. After hitting 'Enter', a message will appear with the link that contains the proposed 2023 monthly rates for your zip code. Please click the link that says 'Download PDF' to open the file that contains the proposed 2023 monthly rates for all plans in your area.
« Back to Learn More about AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan Stats